Last week’s miles: 18.3
This week’s miles: 21.1
Weight: 129.5 BMI: 19.1
Fitbit steps 3/22 – 3/28: 87, 038
- Sunday: 10 miles, average pace per mile – 11:08. I rocked this run on the treadmill at the gym. I have no idea how I did that.
- Monday: 1.71 miles, average pace per mile – 15:46. Evening walk around the neighborhood as recovery from long Sun run.
- Tuesday: 3.50 miles, average pace per mile – 11:30. Pre-dawn run before very long day at work.
- Wednesday: 2.63 miles, average pace per mile – 11:06. Windy, post-work run outside.
- Saturday: 3.31 miles, average pace per mile – 10:53. Early pre-sunrise run outside before heading downtown to participate in the Walk for Wishes 5k with my daughter and her Girl Scout troop.
(not included in the official tally, but additional 3.1 miles walked today after my early morning run.)
Diet: I’m eating really healthy, consciously hydrating, and have felt really good. I’m currently planning out what I want to eat next Friday and Saturday to prepare for Sunday’s half marathon. Nothing of note to report!
General notes: After Sunday’s 10 miles on the treadmill, it feels really weird to know that my next long run is the race! I feel a bit antsy this weekend without dreading my long run (my training program has me only doing 5 miles tomorrow, which, weirdly enough, does not seem like much of a run to me anymore!). At this point, I just really want it to be roughly 10:30 am next Sunday so that I don’t have to think about it anymore.
This morning my daughter and I headed downtown to participate in the Walk for Wishes 5k with her Girl Scout troop. It was an absolutely gorgeous morning, and we had a great time. I always
mandate encourage my kids to get involved in some form of exercise, and I love 5k walks that also raise their awareness about charitable causes.
My favorite moment? Hearing my daughter loudly declare to her friends, as they were complaining about being tired somewhere around the 2.5 mile mark, “Can you believe my Mom is running THIRTEEN miles next weekend?”
That’s thirteen point one, kid.
The Girl Scouts
They were the top school fundraising team!
Best way to spend a morning – walking with my girl.